no image

What can I do if I feel I have been a victim of abuse?

November 9, 2014 Our Blog

Do not confront your abuser. Inform the police, or the provincial or territorial authorities, and let them investigate. A caregiver support network or advocacy group can also give you counselling and help.

If you feel that you have been abused in your workplace, you may be eligible for emergency processing of a new live-in caregiver work permit. As a result, it will be easier for you to get a new job quickly. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre can tell you more about emergency processing of live-in caregiver work permits.

Be sure to know your rights and what steps to take if something goes wrong.