Can I study in Canada while I am a live-in caregiver?

November 9, 2014 Our Blog

EducationYes. However, remember that you are in Canada to work as a full-time live-in caregiver. Also, if your course or program lasts more than six months, you will need a study permit. You can take non-credit special interest courses without a study permit. See the study permit application guide for courses that do not require a study permit.

If you are already working as a caregiver in Canada, you can download and print the study permit application form, or apply online. You must pay a processing fee for your study permit.