no image

As a live-in caregiver, what can I do if I think my employer is treating me unfairly?

November 9, 2014 Our Blog

As a foreign worker, your employment contract should clearly define your:

  • mandatory employer-paid benefits,
  • job duties,
  • hours of work,
  • wages,
  • accommodation arrangements (including room and board),
  • holiday and sick leave entitlements, and
  • termination and resignation terms.

If you think your employer is treating you unfairly, you can call or write to the nearest provincial or territorial labour standards office for help. Your employer is not allowed to punish you for complaining to a labour standards office.

See also What can I do if I feel I have been a victim of abuse?